Thursday, November 12, 2009

It's the Small Things

TJ, my autistic student who cracks me up each and every day has a routine: He is in my 4th period class (the class after lunch) and EVERY day he comes bounding down the hall, backpack flying behind him like a superman cape. From the door he takes a mammoth, full-bodied leap to stand proudly on top of the first desk. From there he continues his adventure to his seat (which is situated right next to mine) jumping desks like hopscotch squares and knocking down everything and everyone on his way. Finally, he plops down, takes a deep sigh of accomplishment and says with a big gappy grin, "Hi Mrs. Eberth!!"

I had a sub 1.5 days this week because I was sick and than Wednesday, Veterans Day, was off. So today, TJ saw me, bared that gappy grin a little earlier and said, "MAN! That was good! I haven't gotten to do that in forever!"

Thanks for reminding me to find joy in the simple things TJ.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweeties,
    looks like you had a wonderful Saturday.
    So good to see your faces and enjoying life in Wenatchee.

    ReplyDelete