Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Fun!

The weekend began with a fun Friday night of hot tubbing with two of my favorite girls in the entire world: Kelsey and Heidi. It is so wonderful having people to vent, share, love, pray, and laugh...with you and for you. I am so blessed.

Saturday, after a horrible run that consisted of a huge blister, raging shin splints, and unbelievable wind, Kyle and I attempted to rid our big yard of the millions of leaves that I had been admiring days before. They were suddenly the subject of my contempt. Especially the ones still in the tree that I knew would fall right after we raked up the other ones. I wanted to yell, "GET DOWN HERE YOU WIMPS! Man up and jump off your branches like the rest of your friends". It didn't work.

To avoid yard work, as I have done all my life, I decided to try to find some goats to do the work for us. I hear they are the way of the future in yard work. They have 4 stomachs that can each old two points of foliage a day! That's WAY more than our garbage can! AND it's al naturale...and I love going green :-) I still have a few e-mails out so I haven't given up on my goat theory but in the meantime, Kyle mowed 'um up, I put some in the garbage, and there are still two HUGE piles right out side the garage that are waiting to be disposed of. Ugh.

That night we had tickets to go to the Wenatchee Wild (it's all the rage) hockey game for their first annual "Ghouls and Goals" with some of my other favorite people in the world, Betsy and Craig and Don and Heidi. Before the big game we tailgated at the arena...it was a blast!
Heidi made taco soup and, being the classy folk that we are, our tailgating meal came complete with cloth napkins and a tablecloth!
Kyle enjoying some soup
Heidi "high fivin'" Walt the Wenatchee Wild Wolf! She was SO excited and spent the rest of the night howling (yes...like a wolf) every chance she could get. Admittingly, it was contagious.We love Don and Heidi!
It was so much fun :-)Betsy and Craig (eating his $1 hotdog that the boys were way too excited about)It was amazing to me how many people dressed up! Hence, the hotdog that sat right in front of us...We saw everything from the Travelocity gnome, Octomon, a huge gorilla, penguin, slutty Snow White, a wench that sang the National Anthem to Obama chia pet


Since our Saturday yard work plan wasn't as successful as we hope, we decided to get some "winterizing" done and went to pick up some free firewood (gotta love craigslist!) in Cashmere. It was not only a beautiful fall drive, but some much needed Kyle and Kelsey time. On our way we stopped at one of our favorite bakery's in the world, Anjou Bakery. We ordered coffee, tea, and some yummy pastries, bundled up, sat outside,breathed in the fresh crisp air, and read our book for small group. It was heaven.Anjou Bakery...so cute and delicious!
The wood was way too heavy for me...I wasn't much help!

Good job Kyle! Good thing I married a "manly man"...especially since we were expecting the wood to already be cut and ready for the fire...does the work ever end??

No comments:

Post a Comment