Thursday, October 22, 2009

Timothy and the 5K

Since I have never been in a race before (except for Bon Bon and I, superwalkers at Bloomsday!), I decided that I should probably do something before the 1/2 marathon in November so I signed up for the Chelan Chase 5k and ran in my first race ever! It was great but I was a little overzealous. I figured, it's only 3.1 miles...even my shortest training days are more than that...I'm gonna run it in SUPERSPEEEEEEEEEEEED! Not a good idea. It kicked my butt. This cute little Chelan 5k royally destroyed me. I have been trying to pace myself with a 9:30-10 minute mile for the 1/2, but ran the 5k at a 7 minute mile. Yikes! I was dead by the time I hit the finish line. Oh well, live and learn!

We ran into (haha, no pun intended) friends from Whitworth, Kayla and Graham, in Chelan!

These pictures are SO unattractive...but I knew my mom would want to see themAlmost done!

The proceeds from this race went towards breast cancer research so it was pink galore! I had no idea about any of this when I signed up so when I got there and everyone was saying "thank you so much for doing this!" "This means so much to me", I was very confused. Of course, I just went along with it. "Hey, no problem!" "Your so welcome!" Apparently I'm more concerned about stepping stone races than good causes. Geeze Kels!

That night, Kyle opened the door to our back yard and found Timothy, our cute little frog friend! I was watching TV and Kyle came in, watched for a little bit and then said, "I think there is a frog outside that is cold". I ran to the door and there he was, the cutest little thing, frozen solid!! He was so cold he didn't even try to jump when I picked him up. Poor little guy, we had to save him! So I warmed him up a little, got him hoppin' around the house, jumped in to the car, and took him to the Myers! Don gave me a strange/death look and asked why the heck we were bring him a frog. Heidi fell in love like I did and we created a rescue strategy. Timothy is living happily in the Myers indoor plants. He loves it! Well...I think he does. We haven't found him since...
No time to change! Just threw on a robe and went to Don and Heidi's in my PJ's! We practically live there anyways so it was no big deal.

3 comments:

  1. Kels, you kill me...I miss you SOOO much!!! When will you be back to Spokane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job on the race and for saving the frog! i also love your "we love" list. what a great idea! i might steal it someday. when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the frog story! but is that really a robe or are you wearing a snuggy??

    ReplyDelete