Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fun Times with Good Friends

This month has been filled with good times with wonderful friends! The first weekend in October the other work crew bosses from Washington Family Ranch came and spent the weekend with us. It was a blast! They are such good friends and are so dear to us. We feel so blessed to have them in our life. They are the type of people who you can sit around with, do nothing at all, and still pee your pants laughing and have the time of your life! It was a wonderful weekend!


The whole gang (minus Kyle, who had a YL meeting) in Leavenworth

Jim, Mattea, and Jayme
The girls (Mandy, Shannon, Jayme, Mattea, and I) plus Jim who jumped in to the background!

Additionally, I got to go to California to visit one of my best friends Brooke and my new sister Jessie! Brooke is going to Azusa Pacific University so I got to see the school (it's beautiful!) and hang out on campus. It made me miss Whitworth and my college days so much! Just goes to show, you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Brooke is doing so well and I loved that I got the opportunity to see her in her "new life" as a college student. She is such a light to me. She has a way of speaking truth into my life in a way that no one else can and I am so thankful for her friendship. Brooke continues to bless everyone around her with the love of Christ that radiates through her. Such a blessing that I get to love her and be in a beautiful relationship with her.

Brooke and I also braved the public transportation system of California and made our way to LA to visit Jessie. It was wonderful! She has an AWESOME apartment right downtown, complete with a roof top pool. We went to a yummy sushi restaurant, toured Hollywood, and spent the day at Santa Monica Pier. It was the best! I feel so blessed to have Jessie as a part of my life. It was a definite perk when I married Kyle ;-) She is beautiful inside and out and so down to earth, making those around her feel loved and beautiful as well. I continue to be amazed with Jessie's patient spirit. She is the type of friend that would do anything for you and have a good time doing it. Her confidence inspires me and she can keep me laughing forever. Whenever I'm with Jess, I know I am going to have a good time. I appreciate sharing good conversations, fun memories, and lots of laughs with this girl. I love her and I am so thankful to have her in my life.Jessie and I on the Ferris Wheel

Brooke, Jessie, and I in front of Manns Chinese Theater
Santa Monica Pier

No comments:

Post a Comment