Saturday, February 20, 2010

Commitment Issues

Apparently I have commitment issues....with blogging. It's been more than a month since my last post ::sigh:: But because I don't agree with divorce, I'm back on the band wagon!

Since January...

* Kyle turned 25...with his head in the toilet. Bummer!! He had subtly requested a birthday party, ("Kyle, what do you want to do for your birthday" "Well, you might think about, maybe, perhaps having some kind of a party, but I don't want to know about it, so maybe more of a surprise thing...") which was quickly canceled and replaced with ginger ale and saltine crackers. Additionally, my irrational fear of the stomach flu took me to Walgreens at 1:30 am to buy Lysol and spray every nook and cranny that Kyle may have touched in the last 25 years. I delivered tea with a hospital mask and dealt with: "UGHGHHGH" "What's wrong? Are you gonna throw up?! Do you need anything? Are you ok? Thirsty? Hungry? WHAT'S WRONG?!?!" "Nothing...it just feels better to groan". Glad that week is over.

* We took a Valentine's Day Weekend getaway with our Wenatchee sisters and brothers: Justin, Kelsey and Libby Borst, Craig Hannah, Betsy Myers and Grey Hannah. It was a blast!! The weekend was filled with yummy food, beach walks, games, watching the Olympics, reading books and getting some R & R. We are so blessed by our friends! My parents were at our family beach cabin that same weekend (which was, coincidentally, 10 minutes from the place we rented) and so we joined them for dinner on Saturday night...thanks mom! Typical...it's probably 3pm in this picture :-)Valentine's Day cupcakesValentine's Day at the Whidbey Island Winery

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Kelsey, I miss you. Sorry Kyle was so sick. Happy Birthday! Hope all is well. Glad you got a little Westside escape.

    Always,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete